My parents are out of town for all of today and all of tomorrow, coming home tomorrow night. Every time my parents leave out of town for more than a day, something goes wrong. And it's not ever anything that is anybody's fault in particular, even if my parents had been home, having them around wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome of things.
The last time they left, not quite a year ago, a bird got in the house. I specifically remember I was the first one awake that morning, I came downstairs from my attic bedroom to their bedroom to let the dogs out of their crates. Now, their bedroom is more like 2 rooms (because of the way old houses were designed). There's the bedroom, and then there's a sitting area. The crates are in the sitting area. I never got them out though, because I was destracted by huge black thing the came soaring past me, hit the wall, then the ceiling, then went flying back into the other side of the room. I don't think you'll ever catch me moving faster than I did then! I got OUT of there! I called my parents up to get advice as to what to do. I woke Sally up (Molly was at work), we got 2 tennis rackets (for protection, not murder). Sally walked behind me with one tennis racket blocking my face and the other one blocking hers. We slowly walked in, spotted the bird (I think it was a crow.. it was HUGE and black) resting on a basket in the far side of the room. I went to the nearest window to us (farthest away from the bird), opened it, punched out the screen, propped the window open, and we got out of there. Didn't go back in there for a couple of hours. Poor dogs. They were stuck. :P
The time before that, both of our toilets broke. I don't remember what we ended up doing, because I think I ended up needing to be some place else most of the time anyway so it wasn't a problem for me. :P
Other times involve people needing stitches for sincere accidents, I think somebody twisted an ankle once, something happened with the refrigerator, the water pipes, all sorts of things happen when my parents are gone.
So what will it be this time??.....
Thursday, June 4, 2009
What's Next?
Posted by Priest Family - Laura at 9:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment