? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, June 19, 2009

College Schedule

I got my college schedule today after doing CORE registration at Clarke College ALL DAY. Also, I took a spanish test since I didn't fulfill the high school requirement of foreign language requirements. If you get less than 16 out of the 35, you are required to take a spanish class. If you get 16 or more out of 35, then you don't have to take one at all. I got 26 out of 35! Don't have to take spanish. One class down! Also, I took an AP test my junior year. The guidance councelor told me the score was a 2. WRONG! I was always thinking, "man, I know I didn't do very good on it, but I didn't do that bad, did I???" College didn't recieve a 2, they got higher than that, so I have a free credit! After figuring all of that out, there was MUCH more room in my schedule to fit in classes for my major, which is Music Education. And I have a wonderful schedule indeed!

M/W/F:
10:00 Oral Interpretation - this is a fun class I've heard. I'm looking forward to it.
11:00 Keyboard Skills (M/W only)
1:00 History and Lit of Music I (this will be the hard class I've heard)
3:00 Recital Class (Friday only)

T/Th:
9:30 Theory Review (Tue only - I'm also going to take a test for this, just like the Spanish, to see if I'm not required to take it.. most likely I can just skip it.)
11:00 Math as a Liberal Art
2:00 Instrumental Tech: Voice & Guitar

Along with these classes I'll be taking Applied Studies in Piano and Cello. aka, private piano and cello lessons, just given by college teachers and it counts as one credit each. I'll also be in the Youth Symphony, which counts as a credit.
I'm looking forward to my Recital Class.. it's in Jansen Music Hall, which for you people not in Dubuque, it is has 99% perfect accoustics in the way the room is designed. I'm also looking forward to the Oral Interpretion class. It's pretty much an improvisation/acting class, in a lounge, and apparently it's a ton of fun. I'm sooooooo excited for school to start, I'm ready for the challenging work, for being more independent, and especially for having classes that focus on my life goals, classes that will really help me to become the best that I can in what I want to achieve. It's another step closer to my dreams, and I'm soooo ready to start taking it on!
Oh, and I guess my major should be put here, too... I plan on getting a B.A. in Music Education. I'll move on from there and go to Graduate school, get a conducting degree, and then probably go on to get my Masters in Music or Cello or something like that. My ideal career is to teach private lessons (well no duh, I'm mormon, I'll be teaching private piano lessons at the least), teach high school or college level strings, play in a symphony and conduct a symphony. Whether that be a youth symphony or an amazing Philharmonic symphony, I really don't care right now, but I know symphony orchestra is the way I want to go. I know quite a few people who do this exact thing. It's not a whole lot of money, but they really enjoy every bit of it, and I know I would, too.
That's all... :)

0 comments: